Feb 20, 2013


I'm not one hundred percent happy with this, mostly as it's not as clean as I would like it to be, and I haven't had time to fiddle with it as much as I would like to make it seamless. Nevertheless.

I made this image by taking an image from princess bride, and adding over the faces of the original characters the faces of a Twilight vampire, and one old classic-looking vampire. I turned and sized each original image so that the faces would fit over the heads of the original characters, and masked out the extraneous parts. For the Twilight vampire, i had to put a hue/sat layer over it and take the saturation to 0, which i also did with the princess bride image, so they would all fit together color-wie. I also dropped the contrast on the new faces so that they matched the base image more.

These images were fair to appropriate, because I was attempting to use them in a parody. I took the images purely to make a comment about the obsession with twilight, and not to profit from them, or pass the originals off as my own. However, the parody is my own, and a different work from any of the originals.

Finally, my point was to make a comment about the obsession with all things Twilight. I used the well known fight scene from Princess Bride to do this. AND perhaps i will write more later but i have to get to class now. ;P anyway.
enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. This is an intriguing and humorous image that represents the evolution of the vampire in popular culture!

    ReplyDelete